Here’s a simple Gluten Free breakfast muffin for you…with a little chocolate-y surprise!
They call for brown rice flour, and GF certified oats…both of which I had stashed on the gluten free shelf in my pantry. Stir in a few chocolate chips (here are my favorite allergy free chocolate chips), and you’ve got a lovely breakfast.
When it comes to baking muffins or loaves with gluten free flours, I find that the “minis” work better. Mini-muffins or mini-loaves (this is the mini-loaf pan that I use.) Plus, they freeze and thaw well too.
Perfect for a busy “on the run” kind of morning!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cups GF oats
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, add all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon into a greased 24 well mini-muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes, or until center muffins come out clean when toothpick is inserted. Let cool on a cooling rack before serving.
- Makes 24 mini-muffins.