those who need food allergy friendly baking ingredients, holiday baking can get expensive quickly! However, if you make your own Gluten Free Flour Blend, then you will start to see real savings. This GF flour blend recipe can be substituted 1:1 in most baking recipes that call for regular flour. It’ll last longer if you store it in the fridge, or if you will use it frequently, then you should have no trouble keeping it in the pantry. And please note the sifting…this is crucial for getting this blend to work well in your gluten free baking.
(And, if making your own isn’t something you prefer, then my favorite multipurpose GF flour is King Arthur found here.)
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch NOT potato flour!
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and stir.
- Sift the ingredients together and store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Sift the mixture before using as indicated in recipe that calls for GF baking mix.
Favorite Gluten Free Baking Recipes:
- Gluten Free Oven Blueberry Pancakes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
- Egg & Nut Free Holiday Cookies*
- Allergy Friendly Homemade Cookie Cake*
*Be sure to use ALL gluten free ingredients to make these recipes truly GF!