This is a lovely (and simple) garlic and herb butter that’s coated right onto the fish fillet!
You could use this same butter sauce for any type of non-breaded fish fillet and it would be lovely – salmon, tilapia, mahi mahi, or whatever your fave is!
We are particularly fond of salmon and cod at my house – because they are the most affordable options, as they are easy to cook and “flavor up.”
Finally…don’t skimp on the garlic!
- 4 4 oz cod fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Garnish: lemon zest
- Side: salad
- Side: rice
- Cook rice for side dish, as directed.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt the butter in small saucepan and stir in the garlic, onion powder, basil and oregano. Simmer on low for 2 to 3 minutes to allow flavors and fragrances to mingle.
- Place the cod fillets into a small baking dish and season each fillet with salt and pepper. Pour the melted herb-butter over the cod fillets, spooning on top so they are completely coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cod is white and flaky all the way through. Add a dash of lemon zest to each piece, as optional garnish.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Garlic & Herb Cod with rice and side salad.