Two Shepherd’s Pie in one week. (Here are the “dinner cupcakes,” if you missed them!)
Because…meat and potatoes is the name of my feeding 5 boys game! 😉
I love a great Shepherd’s Pie meal because it’s hearty, filling and budget friendly to boot!
This garlic and herb shepherd’s pie tasks the flavor up a few notches…and is the perfect savory dish for a family dinner at home!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup frozen veggies
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup minced onions
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 lb. potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning (or similar seasoning)
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes. Drain when finished cooking.
- Brown ground beef with minced garlic and onions.
- Mix frozen veggies and two small eggs into browned meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cooked and drained potatoes, milk, and butter withyour mixer creating creamy mashed potatoes.
- Spread ground beef mixture and veggie mix along the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning.
- Layer mashed potatoes over meat leaving mild peaks.
- Sprinkle remaining Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning over mashed potatoes.
- Bake until peaks of potatoes have browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve Garlic & Herb Shepherd's Pie hot.