These cute mini Shepherd’s pies can be the perfect treat for getting your picky eaters to eat dinner. The small size of these muffin tin shepherds pies are fun for kids and great for serving a crowd. (Think: grab n go holiday party appetizer or snack!)
You can also pack these for lunches, freeze them for dinner on a busy night, or make themÂ “fresh” and serve them piping hot.
While these aren’t sweet at all, soon enough your kiddos will be asking for “dinner cupcakes!” (Like my boys do!)
Muffin Tin Shepherd's Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2white onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lb. potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup small frozen veggies, optional
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until tender. Drain and blend potatoes, milk, and butter into your mixer creating creamy mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with minced garlic and onions. Drain once cooked, if needed.
- Mix optional frozen veggies and egginto cooked meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line cupcake tin with liners.
- Layer meat mixture into bottom of each cupcake liner and top with a scoop of mashed potatoes leaving small peaks.
- Bake until peaks of mashed potatoes are golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Muffin Tin Shepherd's Pie with fresh veggies.