Need something cool and refreshing to sip on this weekend?!
This fresh squeezed lemonade with raspberry ice cubes is just for you then.
I have been drinking glass after glass…and this is a great way to use up those cheap raspberries we’ve been seeing!
Lemon and raspberry flavors are much like peanut butter and jelly.
Mint and chocolate.
Vanilla and almond.
The flavors just mesh and meld so beautifully.
And make for the most refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with Raspberry Ice Cubes
Raspberry Ice Cubes
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 8 lemons juiced
- To make the raspberry ice cubes, add one cup of water and half cup of sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the raspberries and let cook for about five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and use a potato masher or fork to gently mash the raspberries. You want some of them to stay mostly intact and others to let out their delicious red juices.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, and then pour the raspberries and syrup juice into ice cube trays.
- Allow four to six hours for complete freezing. Makes 30 to 36 ice cubes.
- For the simple syrup, add one cup of sugar and one cup of water and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice.
- Then remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes before adding to the lemon juice.
- Juice the lemons and pour the juice into the serving pitcher.
- Dilute with three to four cups of water, depending on how strong you like your lemonade.
- Stir in the slightly cooled simple syrup and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve the fresh squeezed lemonade with raspberry ice cubes.
Thanks for this recipe….I am hosting a shower tomorrow and this would be a great addition to my drinks.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery says
I am in *love* with flavored ice cubes like this. With summer here, it’s time to start breakin’ them out again.
No such thing as cheap raspberries here – $4.89 for about a half cup.
ain’t that the truth!
Spiffy Tiffy says
MMM these look sooo good!! Will have to try for my mother’s day brunch I’m doing this year!!!