Light. Easy. Summer. Salad.
The quinoa cooks on the stove top in just a few minutes. If you really don’t want to have any heat in your kitchen, cook the quinoa in a rice cooker out on your patio. Once the quinoa is cooked, the rest is dump and stir.
A refreshing light salad – perfect for the dog days of summer!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can green beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can red beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt and pepper, each
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add the green beans, red beans, black beans, and white beans.
- Mix in the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Chill at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve for a light dinner, lunch or nibble on for a protein packed snack.