This not-so-secret ingredient will help make your homemade pancakes fluffier!!
You’ll see science in action in this pancake batter! Let’s gooooo bubbles!!!
The buttermilk in this homemade pancake batter will “aerate” the batter with extra bubbles that will make your pancakes fluffier as they cook.
Add buttermilk to your next shopping list and then make these Fluff-Tastic Pancakes!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups whole milk plus 1 tsp lemon juice
- butter and syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Then add the eggs, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk. Whisk until batter is smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or electric griddle over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot skillet/griddle and cook about 1 minute per side. Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve Fluffy Homemade Pancakes with butter and syrup.