Use chopped rotisserie chicken meat to make these easy Chicken Fajita Quesadillas for a super quick weeknight dinner!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 small bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken meat chopped
- 1 Tbsp taco or fajita seasoning
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend
- Fresh fruit or salad side dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in the olive oil for 4 to 6 minutes. Once softened, mix in the chopped chicken and taco/fajita seasoning. Let simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Lay the tortilla on the baking sheet and sprinkle the shredded cheese blend onto half of the tortilla. (You will be folding the tortilla, so sprinkle a thin layer over half.) Top with the chicken and veggies mixture. Then sprinkle more shredded cheese on top of the beef. Fold the tortilla over to cover the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 tortillas, chicken and shredded cheese. 4 half-folded tortillas should fit on a standard size cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, then carefully flip and cook another 5 minutes. You want both sides to be slightly golden and the cheese melted through.
- Run a knife of pizza wheel through the quesadilla and cut into wedges.
- Serve Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with side of fruit and/or salad.
P.S. Yes, that’s Chicken Fajita Nachos underneath the quesadilla – for the “gluten free” folks in the house. 🙂