When putting together our weekly meal plans I always like to have a breakfast for dinner night once a week because it’s a great way to reduce our grocery budget, since breakfast entrees are typically cheaper. These wonton quiche cups are a fun way to prepare and serve eggs for supper, or we also like to have them for holiday brunches because they’re simple to prepare but look so elegant when served.
Start by gently pushing the wonton wrappers down into a well greased muffin pan.
Pour the egg mixture evenly into each of the wonton cups.
Next you can add your favorite ingredients to the cups before baking. We like to do ham, cheddar and broccoli or sometimes we’ll do bacon, Swiss and spinach. You can add anything you’d like, or if you have picky kids to please then let them add their own ingredients so they can leave out the things they don’t want.
Wonton Quiche Cups
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 8 oz or 1 cup of diced cooked ham, bacon or crumbled sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stuff wonton wrappers into a well greased muffin pan with the corners facing up.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a bowl then divide the egg mixture equally between each of the wonton cups.
- Combine the meat, cheese, and broccoli in a bowl then add a heaping tablespoon to the egg mixture in each of the wonton cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Marilyn Nelson says
This looks yummy……I love using wonton wrappers in recipes…..thanks so much.
Denise @ShopperStrategy says
Thank YOU so much! Let us know what you think when you get a chance to try them 😉
We had these for dinner last night to use up some ham,broccoli, and wonton wrappers from the holidays. They were good. It is a great way to use up extra wonton wrappers that you may have.