We absolutely love to grill out, really any time of the year, but we do seem to cook on the grill much more often in the summer months and these potatoes are one of our favorite dishes to make. I’d been planning to make them all week long but the weather hasn’t cooperated since we’ve been getting buckets of rain so I made them in the oven tonight instead and they were just as delicious as on the grill.
The kids always enjoy helping put these foil packets together so I like to cut the potatoes into coins to be sure there are plenty of pieces for everyone to share and arrange, but you could also dice the potatoes if you’d prefer. The ranch dressing mix and bacon make this dish so flavorful and it smells so fabulous while it’s cooking that it’s hard to wait for it to get done.
Grilled Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled(Try cooking bacon in the oven.)
- Packet of ranch dressing mix (Or make your own ranch dressing mix here.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 4 squares of aluminum foil
- Spray the foil squares with cooking spray then arrange the potatoes on one side of each square.
- Top the potatoes with the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle each packet of potatoes with the ranch dressing mix and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat a tablespoon of butter on top of each packet of potatoes.
- Double fold the edges of the aluminum foil to wrap each packet securely.
- Grill or bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Serve in the foil packages.