Excuse me, that was so rude of me. I just couldn’t help it.
That’s what I’d be saying to you, had we been at the same table enjoying this Creole Shrimp. Because I would have been licking my bowl. Seriously, I did.
This meal is magical.
I liked my plate…in front of the boys…and we all had a good laugh about it. Despite my horrible manners.
But seriously, just look at it. It’s not just the colors….can you taste the flavors too?!
A little tang from the tomatoes, a little punch from the white wine, a little zing from the Cajun seasoning. All combined with delicious shrimp and creamy grits. Ahhhhhhh.
Now you get why I licked my bowl. 😉
Creole Shrimp & Grits
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 lb. peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced green onions, as garnish
- Crushed red pepper, as optional garnish
- Quick cooking grits, as side dish
- Salad, as side dish
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and saute the shrimp for 1 minute. Stir in the halved tomatoes, white cooking wine, chicken stock, Cajun seasoning and bring to bubbling. Stir in the heavy cream, until thin sauce forms. Let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes to allow flavors to mingle. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the grits (or polenta), as directed.
- Spoon the grits into serving bowls and top with shrimp and sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions and crushed red pepper or more Cajun seasoning.
- Serve Creole Shrimp with Polenta and side salad.
This recipe is featured on Julia’s Simply Southern Meal Plan Monday #114.