My husband has a thang for creamed corn. He adores it. I like it. It’s good. But he loves it. Like, really loves it.
Whenever we eat out at a BBQ restaurant, it’s always the first side that I order to go with the meat. He could polish off a pint or even a quart on his own. While BBQ restaurant sides are gooooooood, they (along with their meaty side kicks) are muy expensive.
So I decided a homemade version was in order. This is so simple and flavorful and takes just 15 minutes to have ready. So start your main dish, then get this simmering in a small saucepan on the other side of the stove top. It’s got the perfect balance of creaminess and smokiness from the cream cheese and the smoked paprika and roasted green chilies.
(If you don’t roast your own green chilies, you can use a few spoonfuls from a can of diced green chilies.)
This is the perfect side dish for chili, enchiladas, burgers and more!
- 16 oz bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp roasted hatch chiles, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Bring to a low simmer and cover. Cook covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve Creamed Corn with Roasted Hatch Chiles as a delicious side dish!