All the yummy of a cinnamon roll, cooked in a fraction of the time. Use the swirl breads as your French Toast, then finish with a cream cheese drizzle!
Around here, I’ve been on a bit of a cinnamon roll kick lately.
I absolutely adore the sweet cinnamony bread flavor…but tbh, I don’t love how long and laborious it is to make a homemade cinnamon roll.
So…I’ve been cooking and baking up different variations of that wonderful cinnamon roll flavor, that don’t take so much work and time to bake.
Other Cinnamon Roll Inspired Recipes
And adding to that list…Cinnamon Roll French Toast.
- 12 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- dash vanilla 1/8 tsp or less
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar or more if you want it thicker
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk to dip the bread in.
- Heat the griddle to medium low heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip the bread on both sides into the egg mixture, then fry both sides for about 1 minute each. Once cooked, set aside for serving. Repeat until all bread slices are toasted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar or milk until desired "drizzle" consistency is reached. It's best as a drizzly "syrup."
- Drizzle "syrup" over the Cinnamon French Toast and enjoy!