Gone. Wiped out. Polished clean. And there might have been some licking of plates. (Because, when else does mom include sugar with dinner!?!)
Pretty much only at a ‘brinner’ like this!
We love breakfast for dinner at our house – love it. And this recent ‘brinner meal’ brought everyone to the table quickly, and everyone literally cleaned their plates.
(Yes, we had a manners moment about licking our plates!)
Give this delicious and simple ‘brinner’ a try sometime soon, then let me know how you enjoyed it!
Cinnamon French Toast with Berries
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 French loaf bread, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Fresh mixed berries
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Syrup, optional
- Preheat the electric griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Slice the French loaf about 3/4-inch thick. Dip both sides into the egg bath, and then place onto hot griddle/skillet. Cook for about a minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- Slice the strawberries and get fruit ready for the toast.
- Place 2-3 slices of French toast onto the plate and add berries and then dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve Cinnamon French Toast bread for breakfast, brunch or “brinner.”