Seven Layer Dip just got a little skinnier and a little cheaper for Cinco de Mayo!
As tradition dictates, parties for Cinco de Mayo happen all over the country to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride. This year at our house, we’ll be celebrating with cinco layers and not seven.
Overall, it’s the traditional Seven Layer Dip, minus the olives and tomatoes. I’ve removed these because I don’t like olives and you don’t need tomatoes since that flavor is in the salsa. This five layer dip also takes just minutes to prepare and won’t break the bank. It can be used as an appetizer or, if you’re like me and can’t resist the stuff, it can turn into dinner!
Here’s the breakdown of my Cinco Layer Dip.
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade guacamole
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- Tortilla chips (use gluten free if necessary)
- In a medium, shallow serving dish or bowl, spread the refried beans along the bottom. Then add a layer of guacamole, followed by layer of sour cream, and then salsa.
- Add the sliced green onions and cilantro leaves as the top layer.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
What fun treats will you be serving for Cinco de Mayo?
Recipe originally posted on SCJohnson.com.