Seven Layer Dip just got a little skinnier and a little cheaper for Cinco de Mayo!
As tradition dictates, parties for Cinco de Mayo happen all over the country to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride. This year at our house, weâ€™ll be celebrating with â€œcincoâ€ layers and not seven.
Overall, itâ€™s the traditional Seven Layer Dip, minus the olives and tomatoes. Iâ€™ve removed these because I donâ€™t like olives and you donâ€™t need tomatoes since that flavor is in the salsa. This five layer dip also takes just minutes to prepare and wonâ€™t break the bank. It can be used as an appetizer or, if youâ€™re like me and canâ€™t resist the stuff, it can turn into dinner!
Hereâ€™s the breakdown of my â€œCincoâ€ Layer Dip.
Cinco Layer Dip Recipe
- 15 ounce can refried beans(Or make your own refried beans in the slow cooker here.)
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade guacamole
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- cup salsa
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Tortilla chips (use gluten free if necessary)
- In a medium, shallow serving dish or bowl, spread the refried beans along the bottom. Then add a layer of guacamole, followed by layer of sour cream, and then salsa.
- Add the sliced green onions and cilantro leaves as the top layer.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
What fun treats will you be serving for Cinco de Mayo?
Recipe originally posted on SCJohnson.com.