I actually made this before the baby was born. And of course, froze the extras. Because there were lots of extras. And we are eating those leftovers tonight!
- 1 cup dried red kidney beans
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked pasta "wheels" ** Use GF pasta if needed
- Shredded cheese to top in each serving bowl (optional)
- 4 small apples
- Soak and cook dried beans in large pot. Drain and rinse the beans.
- In the same pot that you cooked the beans, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain and rinse. Return to pot.
- In small saucepan, cook 2 cups uncooked pasta wheels as directed on package.
- Combine the ground beef/onions, cooked red beans, diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato paste PLUS 4 cans of water, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, allowing time for flavors to mingle.
- Slice or dice apples.
- Serve Chuckwagon Chili with sliced apples.