Filling and frugal dinner recipe!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 box chopped spinach
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- sliced Italian Loaf
- GF Apple Muffins
- Load all ingredients except the rice and bread into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours. Love the smell of stew brewing all day as the flavors mix and mingle!
- Boil 2 1/4 cups water. Add rice, stir, bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat/simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chickpea stew over rice. And a slice of your favorite bread on the side!