This Chicken Pesto Pasta is the Ultimate Summer Dish! You must try it this week!
Chicken Pesto Pasta is simply superb!
Chances are, when you put pesto on anything it immediately becomes delicious on a whole new level. But, I’m going to be biased with THIS particular dish, because I can. And because it truly is the ultimate summer meal.
It’s fresh. You could grab most of the ingredients from your backyard if you happen to have a cute little garden back there.
It’s beautiful and colorful, which means it’ll be very impressive when you take it to your next potluck or picnic.
Best of all, it’s a great recipe for leftover chicken and is super easy and quick to prepare! So let’s get to it!
Let me walk you through the steps…
Get out all your ingredients.
Dice some cooked chicken. Or cook some chicken and then dice it up. This is the perfect time to use leftover chicken or chicken you have stashed in the freezer from a batch cooking session like this.
Prepare pasta according to directions on the package until Al-dente. Strain and rinse pasta under cold water to cool. Put pasta in large bowl and add the Italian dressing and basil pesto. Gently toss to combine.
Chop up some adorable little tomatoes.
Add diced chicken, tomatoes, spinach, and Parmesan cheese to the pasta. Gently toss to combine. Chill in fridge up to 8 hours before serving, or serve immediately.
Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package until Al-dente. Strain pasta and rinse pasta under cold water to cool. Then place drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Pour Italian dressing and basil pesto over the cooled pasta in bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Add spinach, chicken, tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese to pasta. Gently toss to combine.
- Chill in the fridge up to 8 hours before serving or it can also be served immediately.
- Sprinkle extra shredded cheese over the top just before serving (optional)
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #222.