This scrumptious tortellini skillet is one of those meals that your family will beg you to make again and again!
Skillet meals are essential for busy weeknights and this one is extra-extra amazing because you can make the base of it ahead of time and freeze it! This works really well if you’re working on a batch of freezer meals – this one is a perfect addition to your next freezer meal prep sesh.
For the tortellini, you can use fresh or frozen – either one will work. If you’re cooking it from frozen, it will only take just a few extra minutes to thaw and swell up!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 20 oz fresh or frozen tortellini
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Side: fresh veggies
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, red wine vinegar, yellow mustard, tortellini, beef stock, salt and pepper. Bring to bubbling, cover with tight fitting lid, and cook about 10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked.
- Then stir in the cream and sprinkle the cheeses over the top. Cook over low heat another few minutes, until cheeses have melted.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Cheeseburger Tortellini Skillet with side of veggies.
- Freezing Instructions: brown the ground beef and let cool. To a gallon size freezer baggie and using a freezer meal bag holder, add cooled browned ground beef with the minced onion, garlic powder, crushed tomatoes, red wine vinegar, yellow mustard. Seal the baggie and freeze. Reheat in skillet, then add tortellini and beef stock as directed. Cook and add remaining ingredients.