You want to wow your friends and family this holiday??
Here is a super simple and ridiculously flavorful appetizer to serve.
Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Bruschetta.
Take two powerful and complementary flavors and put them together on a tiny piece of warm bread…
Whether you’re a guest at your family gathering, or hosting it…my Holiday Entertaining Guide has everything you could possibly need to help you host or be a guest at your Holiday Feast on a Budget this year!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 16 slices baguette bread, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Balsam-melize the onions In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then stir in the chopped onions,sugar and balsamic vinegar. Let cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often. (The onions canbe cooked up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in the freezer until ready to assemble and broil.)
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette bread, place on a baking sheet and run under the broiler for 2 to 3minutes to toast the pieces some. Then add the balsam-melized onions and a few crumbles ofblue cheese to each bread slice. Run under the broiler again for 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese softens.
- Serve Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Bruschetta.