This made for a perfect after church meal. Quick and easy…well, only if you bake the potatoes before you leave for church! Leftovers tonight.
Broccoli Topped Potatoes
Such an easy meal!
Servings - 6 servings
- 6-8 medium white potatoes
- 2-4 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 cups cheese
- 1/2 pineapple
- Pierce potatoes. Bake in baking dish for 1 hour at 350. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Steam broccoli for 3-5 minutes in steamer.
- Open up potatoes and mash. Add butter and salt and pepper. Top with broccoli and then cheese. Assemble quickly so cheese will melt over broccoli. If necessary, microwave to melt cheese. Serve with sour cream or ketchup or other favorite potato toppings.
- Serve with fresh pineapple.
How funny! We are doing a baked potato bar tonight for our church home group! Complete with broccoli & cheese, chili, butter, sour cream, ham and bacon! Hope we both have awesome potatoes!
Angela in Ohio says
My Kroger had bacon BOGO this week–I would have added some of that to give it a bit more protein. Looks yummy!
broccoli is a bit more expensive here in Oregon: about $1.79 a pound.But this does look yummy.
Aliisa and Sundy says
Just wanted to let you know that when buying a pineapple, if you just pull on one leaf gently and it comes out…the pineapple is perfect to buy.
My MIL taught me that and it works every time!!
ms. less is always more says
Ohhhh… yum! We had baked potatoes last week for a meal! Love it this time of year!
Amber Lynae says
This looks very yummy.
That sounds good! We were just in Hawaii & had some really fresh pineapple!
I’ve been browsing your site to take a $5 Dinner/Pantry Challenge this week! Thanks so much for all the great ideas…..I’ve also done Sweet Potatoes w/ steamed broccoli and cheese!
I like to add diced tomatoes to my potatoes. I prefer roma because they squeeze out a little bit easier and have a firm skin. Now I want this for dinner 🙂