Dare I admit that this is one of those meals that I would plop right onto the table and let the kids dig from the dish. (Yes, I’d let it cool a bit so the glass dish isn’t hot to the touch. And yes, I’d help my younger toddler.)
But I know we all have ‘those’ afternoons where you just want to drop dinner on the table and let the big kids dig for themselves.
Well, this is the dish for you.
And when you’re having one of those days where even plating the food might send you into a ‘busy mommy tailspin’ – don’t fret. Let them dig for their own nachos.
No judgement here.
Add this one to your next “Taco Tuesday” night!
Beef & Bean Oven Nachos
- 3/4 to 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1Tbsp taco seasoning (homemade taco seasoning recipe here)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, whatever brand you love (I used mix of white corn and blue corn tortilla chips)
- about 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream, garnish
- Guacamole, garnish
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onions and taco seasoning. Drain and return to the skillet. Mix in the black beans and toss for a minute or two over low heat, then remove from heat.
- Add the tortilla chips to the base of a 7x11 or 9x9-inch baking dish. Add the beef-bean mixture over the top and then add the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted through.
- Top with dollops of sour cream, guacamole or other favorite nacho toppings.
- Serve Beef & Bean Oven Nachos with fresh fruit on the side.