“OMIGOSH, these are amazing. I had no idea I’d love them! I’m in trouble!”
This is a note from my friend Kari. We were talking about these and she wasn’t sure about the combo, then she tried them and emailed that to me.
I share this with you because it might not sound like these 2 should go together – I mean, they aren’t peanut butter and jelly, or wine and cheese, or chocolate and (well?!?) chocolate?!
But this is a fantastic dinner! Start by baking the sweet potatoes, then simmer the chicken and BBQ sauce, then add to the sweet potatoes with 20-30 minutes left of bake time and let potatoes finish cooking!
SO DELICIOUS! Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Red onion slices, as garnish
- Side salad
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a skillet, toss the rotisserie chicken with the BBQ sauce and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, carefully slit open the sweet potatoes and spoon in the BBQ chicken. Top with a few pinchfuls of shredded cheese.
- Continue baking for another 15 to 30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender all the way through.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve BBQ Chicken Sweet Potatoes with red onion garnish and side salad.