So I’m doing a little research today. I wanted to see how the really “dry” GF bread would do as “stuffed french toast”…This recipe is gluten free, casien free, and soy free. (I have added in parenthesis the options using milk and wheat bread.) We’ll see how the boys like it for breakfast tomorrow!
This works beautifully with dried out GF bread.
- 8-10 slices whole wheat bread (or GF bread)
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice milk (or 2% milk)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Tear bread and place in bottom of glass 9x13 baking dish.