(Sorry about the sun glare. It’s an iPhone photo!)
Those were the ones left after Round 1. About 3 minutes after the photo was taken, they were gone!
Last week, I tweeted this:
I had the pleasure (and it really was a pleasure, despite my dramatic tweet) of taking care of my dear friend’s 2 boys while she had back surgery. They spent the night and stayed with us the day of her back surgery.
So for 24 hours, I was surrounded by testosterone. There was so much of it, I could almost breathe it in!!!
It was the moment above that I decided that perhaps, just maybe, I think there might be a possibility, that I just might want a daughter. I need some estrogen around here people!!!
So what’s the best way to keep 4 little men energized and happy as they terrorize run around the backyard?!?
Makes these. Of course.
1/2 cup white sugar or substitute
1/2 cup milk (I use rice milk)
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
2. Place the egg, sugar, milk, canola oil, vanilla and mashed bananas into a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix with hand mixer or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl or stand mixer. Mix until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer or set aside the hand mixer. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with the batter.
5. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool a few minutes, then remove muffins from the muffin tin. Let cool another 5-10 minutes, then serve.
oh wow thats a lot of boys lol..so glad you survived!!
Kimberly Parkes says
My husband is one of 4 boys, we have two boys and a male cat, his brother has two boys and a male dog, we are hoping another brother who is pregnant will spice it up with a girl. I hope for a girl some day, I have said on many occasions that if I birth a 3rd boy I might try adoption for a girl. For now we have lots of trucks and balls and think mud is make-up. Best of luck with the extra guests!
Sounds like you were a good mommy and sitter 🙂
I’ll have to try these out! Maybe even tomorrow morning. 🙂 And, for the record, with 2 girls and 1 boy (and a mystery-gender on the way) I can say resoundingly…BOYS are easier than girls. 🙂
I have 4 boys and then I had a little girl. I love my little girly girl. Too bad she is such a strong willed toughie. But seriously, my boys are awesome but there is something special about my baby girl.
These look absolutely delicious! You had me at chocolate chip!
Stephanie Gattman says
My14-year-old son made these last night with a couple of minor modifications. They were awesome. Thanks!
Erin D. says
I’ve made these several times since you posted them and I love this recipe! The consistency is perfect, especially for a whole wheat muffin. I even tried replacing the sugar with sucanat the last time and they were just as good.