Bacon and Egg Quesadillas
Servings: 4 persons
- 6 strips of bacon ($.65)
- 6-8 eggs ($1.05)
- 1 cup shredded cheese ($.84)
- 8 Tortillas ($1.09), use natural corn tortillas for gluten free
- Salsa ($.25)
- 2 Pears ($1) Lots of pear sales lately!
- Cook bacon in skillet on stove top. (Or cook it in the oven!) Remove and place on paper towel to drain excess fats. Pour most of the fat from the skillet.
- Scramble eggs in skillet that you cooked the bacon in. This way you don't need to add salt, as it's already in the bacon. Might not be the healthiest, but its certainly the tastiest!
- Place tortilla on cookie sheet, top with scrambled eggs, bacon strips and sprinkle cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, until cheese melts and tortillas are slightly crispy. Remove and slice quesadillas into quarters.
- Serve with salsa and sliced pears or other fresh fruit!