So I made these a few weeks ago…and I’m so sorry it took me so long to get them posted. I used 2 of the smaller peppers from my garden, along with some of my cherry-like tomatoes.
And avocados. *swoon*
And I think these would be just as great with ground beef or ground turkey tacos. Love the different flavor and texture that the avocado chunks brought to these tacos!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 small green/red peppers, seeded and diced from the garden
- 2 avocados
- Handful lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered, from the garden
- Taco Shells
- Frozen corn
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl with the taco seasoning. You could certainly use cooked and shredded chicken too.
- In a medium skillet, saute the chicken pieces in oil with the diced peppers.
- Cut the avocado into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks and toss with the cooked chicken and peppers. Place into the taco shells and top with lettuce, and tomatoes. (Optional: Add shredded cheese and/or sour cream.)
- Cook the frozen corn as directed on the package.
- Serve Avocado Chicken Tacos with Corn.