So I made these a few weeks ago…and I’m so sorry it took me so long to get them posted. I used 2 of the smaller peppers from my garden, along with some of my cherry-like tomatoes.
And avocados. *swoon*
And I think these would be just as great with ground beef or ground turkey tacos. Love the different flavor and texture that the avocado chunks brought to these tacos!
Avocado Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 small green/red peppers, seeded and diced from the garden
- 2 avocados
- Handful lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered, from the garden
- Taco Shells
- Frozen corn
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl with the taco seasoning. You could certainly use cooked and shredded chicken too.
- In a medium skillet, saute the chicken pieces in oil with the diced peppers.
- Cut the avocado into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks and toss with the cooked chicken and peppers. Place into the taco shells and top with lettuce, and tomatoes. (Optional: Add shredded cheese and/or sour cream.)
- Cook the frozen corn as directed on the package.
- Serve Avocado Chicken Tacos with Corn.
[email protected] says
I haven’t had tacos all summer. I think I will be making these for dinner this week.
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
I’ve been loving avocado this summer! It’s one of those things that I have had to warm up to!! These look great, thanks!
There are few things I like better than avocado.
After I read your recipe I knew I needed to make it that day. So, I added avocados to my list and headed to the store. Made them last night and WOW! They were good and sure hit the spot. Even my 8 year old who swears he doesn’t like avocados ate them.
Thanks for the great recipe.
Tammy Schick says
Made these for dinner – they are yummy and SOOO easy! I opted for boneless skinless chicken thighs as they are a little more moist (and sooo much less expensive!).
The family loved them.
I made a couple of changes (because I can’t help myself). I cooked a little chopped onion in a small amout of EVOO until tender. Tossed in a couple cloves of minced garlic and cooked briefly before adding the chicken as directed. We love onions and garlic in everything – so this worked for us.
Excited to try other yummy food from here! THANKS for sharing 🙂
Karen Hiebert says
Nice and healthy. I LOVE avacados. say, could they be made into a healthier alternative dip option than say guacamole?
Chicken tacos sans avocado is the ticket for our dinner tonight. Thx!