While I do my best to eat salads for lunch during the winter months, I find myself gravitating towards soups and breads when it’s chilly outside. But come spring and summer, I’m enjoying a delicious salad for lunch most days of the week. And I especially love picking lettuce and spinach leaves from my garden.
I enjoy making my own vinaigrette for my salads as well, and anytime I have Mandarin oranges on a salad, there’s usually a soy-sesame dressing on top.
This is one of my most favorite summertime spinach salads!
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- 15 oz can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- A pinch of sugar
- Dash of pepper
- In a serving bowl, toss together the spinach leaves, Mandarin orange pieces, diced red onions and chopped walnuts.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger, sugar, and pepper together in a resealable container or jar.
- Pour the soy-sesame vinaigrette over the top of the Asian Spinach Salad and serve.
What are your favorite toppings for spinach salad?
Recipe originally posted on SCJohnson.com.