July 4th Muffins….Red, White and Blue!
I used my Fruit and Veggie Muffin recipe as a base for these muffins.Â Then I topped them with an almond struesel!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar + brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon + 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- In stand mixer or mixing bowl, stir eggs, oil, applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, wheat flour and white flour. Mix until batter forms and is no longer lumpy. Add blueberries and raspberries.