Sometimes all a girl wants is just a chocolate chip cookie. Or two. Or four.
(At least that’s how I feel about cookies.)
And that’s one of the reasons I like to keep dough in my freezer at all times. For “one of those days.”
Before we go on…
Patiently waiting. (Such is the life of a child of a food blogger.)
Mom, is it time yet? Can I have one yet?
Should I start with the gooey chocolate?
Or go for the whole cookie?
Whole cooke. #glee
And I’ll leave you with the cookie close-ups.
(Now, go grab your waffle iron and get to “baking”!)
(This is definitely my new favorite way to make cookies in a flash!!!)
Waffle Iron Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield – 18-24 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat and grease a waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together the butter/margarine and the white and brown sugars. Add in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until smooth. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed, until batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 1″ balls and place on hot, greased waffle iron for 3 to 4 minutes, or until ‘baked’ through.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve Waffle Iron Chocolate Chip Cookies as a delicious afternoon treat!
If you need a food allergy friendly cookie recipe then be sure to check out my Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.