So many times I turn to the slow cooker for feeding my family. And often I try to put a new spin on a family favorite recipe just to make it stretch a little further for those hungry teens. Recently I paired two different slow cooker recipes. The result was delicious!
My friend Phyllis, at Household Ways, inspired my Slow Cooker Old Bay Chicken recipe. I made a new variation of that using a favorite rotisserie chicken recipe and Old Bay seasoning spices. The rotisserie recipe calls for seasoning with seasoned salt. I simply substituted Old Bay seasoning and just a sprinkle of garlic salt.
You just can’t beat easy, frugal, delicious – and being able to feed a crowd! Plus, there just may be a few leftovers you can use another night.
Slow Cooker Old Bay Rotisserie Chicken
Yield – 6-8 servings
Preparation Time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 hours
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 5-6 foil balls
- Old Bay seasoning
- garlic salt
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Shake Old Bay seasoning all over chicken until it is covered.
- Add a few shakes of garlic salt.
- Place foil balls in slow cooker. This serves are your ‘grill.’
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for six (6) hours.