These muffins are so simple to make and have such wide appeal, they’ve easily become a go-to recipe in our home. You’ve likely seen the chocolate version. But what about the spice cake version? I was surprised at how many my teenagers gobbled up!
This version makes approximately two dozen. 24 muffins! Anytime I can make that many muffins so easily and they will feed the seven of us more than once, it’s a winner. Sometimes we enjoy some then tuck some in the freezer. Hooray for make it once and enjoy it twice! Last time I made these muffins we just enjoyed for breakfast – then snack. They lasted almost 24 hours. A big deal in our household. 24 for 24 in a household of seven.
But don’t just take it from me:
- “Pumpkin muffin? Yummy!” ~ six-year-old
- “Delicious!” ~ nine-year-old finickiest eater of the family
- “We need to make the chocolate pumpkin muffins next.” ~ 14-year-old
- “Yes, anything with pumpkin is delicious.” ~ almost 13-year-old
Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
Yield – 24 muffins
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – Approximately 25-30 minutes
- 1 box devil’s food cake OR spice cake mix $1.50
- 1 29 (1 lb) oz can of pumpkin $2.84
- Note if using devil’s food cake mix: 1 cup chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
- Mix together ingredients.
- Bake according to cake box instructions for cupcakes.
Cost $ 4.34