Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 – 40 minutes
- 3 frozen tilapia fillets ($2.50)
- 1 cup rice ($.50)
- 2-3 broccoli heads ($1.25) (I used squash in the picture…only $.75…makes this meal under $4!)
- Lemon juice ($.10)
- Seafood Seasoning (Dill, Garlic, Lemon) ($.10)
- Thaw fillets or cook frozen, as directed on package. (I buy the kind that are frozen individually and have no preservatives!)
- Cook 1 cup rice in 2 1/2 cups water. I usually add a little seasoning and lemon juice as the rice is cooking to get a continuity of flavors in the meal.
- Steam broccoli 3-5 minutes in microwave or in steamer.