I love chicken salad on the sweeter side. Perhaps with some fruit like grapes, apples or my favorite, pineapple. I’ve had a small can of mandarin oranges glaring at my from the cupboard…as if it says, what are you going to do with me?
Put you into an Asian chicken salad, of course!
Sweet Asian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, or 2 cups of shredded chicken ($1.78)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($.20)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp juice from mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ($.02)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger ($.02)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped ($.50)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped ($.10)
- 1 – 8 oz. can of mandarin oranges ($.59) Bought on sale from Walgreens!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf sweet Italian bread ($.60) Bought for reduced price…retrieved it from the freezer this afternoon!
- 1 bag Ruby Red lettuce ($.59) Bought on clearance this week
- Cherry tomatoes (from the garden)
- Store bought salad dressing ($.25)
- Boil chicken breasts for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Shred.
- Make Asian dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, soy sauce, juice from mandarin oranges, garlic powder and ground ginger.
- In large mixing bowl, toss shredded chicken, mandarin oranges, chopped peanuts, chopped celery with the Asian dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate if necessary!
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Sweet Asian Chicken Salad on Bread with Garden Salad.
P.S. Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker Giveaway Winner has been announced! Congrats Joann!