I love chicken salad on the sweeter side. Perhaps with some fruit like grapes, apples or my favorite, pineapple. I’ve had a small can of mandarin oranges glaring at my from the cupboard…as if it says, what are you going to do with me?
Put you into an Asian chicken salad, of course!
- 12 chicken tenderloins or 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp juice from mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 8 oz. mandarin oranges
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf sweet Italian loaf bread sliced
- 1 bag lettuce
- cherry tomatoes for salad
- salad dressing
- Boil chicken tenderloins for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and shred.
- Make the sweet Asian dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, soy sauce, juice from mandarin oranges, garlic powder and ground ginger.
- In large mixing bowl, toss shredded chicken, mandarin oranges, chopped peanuts, chopped celery with the Asian dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Sweet Asian Chicken Salad on Bread with Garden Salad.