I love chicken salad on the sweeter side. Perhaps with some fruit like grapes, apples or my favorite, pineapple.Â I’ve had a small can of mandarin oranges glaring at my from the cupboard…as if it says, what are you going to do with me?
Put you into an Asian chicken salad, of course!
- 2 chicken breasts, or 2 cups of shredded chicken ($1.78)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($.20)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp juice from mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ($.02)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger ($.02)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped ($.50)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped ($.10)
- 1 - 8 oz. can of mandarin oranges ($.59) Bought on sale from Walgreens!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf sweet Italian bread ($.60) Bought for reduced price...retrieved it from the freezer this afternoon!
- 1 bag Ruby Red lettuce ($.59) Bought on clearance this week
- Cherry tomatoes (from the garden)
- Store bought salad dressing ($.25)
- Boil chicken breasts for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Shred.
- Make Asian dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, soy sauce, juice from mandarin oranges, garlic powder and ground ginger.
P.S. Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker Giveaway Winner has been announced! Congrats Joann!