Spaghetti Broccoli Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- About 3/4 lb spaghetti ($.75)
- 2 cups of homemade white sauce ($.50) or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese ($.50)
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli ($.50) Large bag recently on sale for $1
- 1-2 cups of leftover shredded or diced cooked chicken ($1)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ($.85)
- 4 ears of corn ($1) On sale for $.25 each again!
- Cook spaghetti pasta as directed on package. Drain and add to 8×8 baking dish. Use rice pasta for gluten free dish. My favorite frugal brand is Trader Joe’s. Tinkyada is another GREAT rice pasta brand, but costs 3-4x as much as the TJs brand.
- Prepare about 2 cups of homemade white sauce. Here is a GFCF (gluten free casein free) white sauce recipe. Substitute 1 can of cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
- Once white sauce has thickened how you prefer, add parmesan cheese, frozen broccoli, shredded/diced chicken to the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Combine white sauce mixture with spaghetti in the baking dish. Stir through. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove husks from corn and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Spaghetti Broccoli Bake with Corn.