I love slow cooker meals.
I love how smoothly my days “run” when I’ve got dinner going in the slow cooker. I love being able to sit on the couch through the “witching hour.” (Who am I kidding…I’m don’t sit on the couch. And just sit.) So I guess, I love being able to get through the witching hour without being in the kitchen and having little people pulling at my knees or tugging on my shirt, asking for a snack.
“Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes…you can wait until then.”
How many times have I uttered that phrase?
So this meal was a big hit…with all the little men, the big man and I really enjoyed it too. Plates were cleared, stakes were claimed on the leftovers (pulled pork sandwiches for lunch), and we all left the table with full, happy bellies.
The delicious flavors, the ease of the prep and cooking…a winner indeed!
Shredded Pork with Mushrooms
Yield – 8 servings, 1 cup
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 1/4 hours in slow cooker
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into large pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 1 pkg (0.87 oz each) pork gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh mushrooms
- Spray inside of 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender. Separate pork into smaller pieces.
And there’s more!
I want you to try to give every night a new flavor too…so we’re giving away the following this week!
- $25 Kroger gift card
- Recipe cards
- A variety of ConAgra products needed to create the recipes
Enter to win and you’ve got a few meals ready for your family to try!
Giveaway Details – CLOSED! Congrats to Rebecca L…our winner!
1. Contest ends Monday, January 23rd at 9 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
Entry #1: Visit Give Every Night New Flavor, then share what recipe you think will be your next family favorite.
Entry #2: Like Kroger on Facebook, or follow on Twitter. Entry #3: Sign up for free email updates, or RSS posts from $5 Dinners.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Kroger and ConAgra foods. Opinions are my own.