These carrots are amazing! And, be sure to double up on the recipe for a delicious holiday side dish.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 lb. baby carrots, halved lengthwise ($1.25)
- 1 Tbsp butter or (dairy-free) margarine ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar ($.02)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ($.02)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard ($.05)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves, chopped (free from garden!)
- 2/3 cups Holland House Sherry cooking wine, divided ($.67)
- 1 tsp cornstarch ($.01)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut all the baby carrots in half, lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and dijon mustard and combine. Add the chopped rosemary and 1/3 cup of the sherry cooking wine.
- Cover and let simmer over medium low heat for a few minutes.
- In a measuring cup, or small bowl, whisk together the other 1/3 cup of the sherry cooking wine with the cornstarch.
- Pour over the cooking carrots and stir together. Sauce will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Final Price: $2.07