1/2 lb ground sirloin ($.95) I used the other half here. And here‘s how I got it so cheap!
1 packet Taco Seasoning, or The Frugal Mom’s Taco Seasoning ($.50) I omitted the flour in Donna’s recipe!
1/2 cup dry kidney beans, cooked ($.25)
1 cup salsa ($.20) On sale for $1 at Kroger and I had a $.50 ecoupon from Shortcuts.com
1 cup water
4 corn tortillas, cut in 1 1/2 inch squares ($.25) Flour be great too!
1 cup shredded cheese ($.75) Omit if GFCFSF
1/2 bag frozen organic green beans ($.75)
1/2 bag frozen organic corn ($.75)
Sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato ($.50-$1)
2. Brown meat and drain. Add taco season, beans, salsa and water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
4. Stir in tortillas, top with cheese. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or until cheese in melted.
5. Garnish with sour cream, tomato, lettuce and guacamole – whatever you wish. I did not garnish as I was all out of these things this week It tasted just fine without the garnishes!
6. Cook frozen green beans and corn as directed on package.