A quick and easy weeknight skillet dinner, made with yummy and affordable ingredients. Get this added to your next meal plan.
Quick Beef Burrito Skillet
A quick and easy weeknight skillet dinner, made with yummy and affordable ingredients!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas cut in 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- veggies side dish
- Sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato toppings
- Brown the ground and drain. Add taco seasoning, beans, salsa and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
- Stir in tortillas pieces, top with cheese. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or until cheese in melted.
- Garnish with sour cream, tomato, lettuce and guacamole - whatever you wish.
- Cook the veggies.
- Serve Quick Beef Burrito Skillet with veggies.
I made this recently as well and thought it was very good. Your version sounds delicious! (although I’d skip the guac ;])
My family loves Mexican! I will have to write this recipe down!
At our Meijer, 1 pound of ground beef sells for $1 at 8pm at night. The sell by date isn’t for a few days and the meat is really good.
Kelly Morris says
This has become one of our family’s favorites! With 9 kids to feed, I love that one skillet can be used for the entire meal, just adding a quick side dish! It’s even better the next day for lunch.
I am going to start following the weight watchers plan at home. I am on a strict budget and will don’t now how to cook. I was wondering could anyone help me out with filling sandwiches, & any other quick budget firendly meals you can think of that can be done in the slow cooker or quick skillet meals.