Quick Beef Burrito Skillet
Servings: 4 persons
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin ($.95) (heres how I got it so cheap!)
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (Or make your own taco seasoning here.)
- 1/2 cup dry kidney beans, cooked ($.25)
- 1 cup salsa ($.20) On sale for $1 at Kroger and I had a $.50 ecoupon from Shortcuts.com
- 1 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas, cut in 1 1/2 inch squares ($.25) Flour be great too!
- 1 cup shredded cheese ($.75) Omit if GFCFSF
- 1/2 bag frozen organic green beans ($.75)
- 1/2 bag frozen organic corn ($.75)
- Sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato ($.50-$1)
- Soak beans overnight or at least 2 hours in hot water. Boil 1 1.5 hours until soft. Watch the water level. Start with water at least 2 inches above the beans. Add more during boiling if necessary.
- Brown meat and drain. Add taco season, beans, salsa and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
- Stir in tortillas, top with cheese. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or until cheese in melted.
- Garnish with sour cream, tomato, lettuce and guacamole whatever you wish. I did not garnish as I was all out of these things this week 🙁 It tasted just fine without the garnishes!
- Cook frozen green beans and corn as directed on package.