Tonight’s meal was supposed to be pulled pork sandwiches. But, since I did not make the pork roast the other night, I don’t have any leftover pork to make pulled pork sandwiches. So I went scrounging around in my freezer and came up with this meal. Colorful and well balanced!
Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
Yield – 3 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
- 3 pork chops ($2.12)
- 2 oranges ($.30)
- 2 T canola or olive oil ($.10)
- Dashes of cinnamon ($.03)
- 2 large sweet potatoes ($1.39)
- 1 package organic frozen green beans ($1.09)
- In non stick skillet, add oil and juice from 2 oranges and couple dashes of cinnamon. Place pork chops in skillet and let marinate 10-15 minutes. Turn on high heat. Cook on each side 4-6 minutes (depending on thickness of the chop!). Orange juice will turn into a glaze. Coat pork chop with glaze.
- Slit sweet potatoes. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes in foil covered glass baking dish with 1/4 inch of water. Serve with cinnamon and butter if you like. Cooking sweet potatoes in this way makes them taste sweeter than if you were to cook them in the microwave.
- Steam green beans as directed on package.
- Serve pork chop with sweet potatoes and green beans.