This is a simple, entree salad that is great for hot summer nights. Because this dish is served cold, it is great to take on a picnic or packed for lunch the next day.
Dana’s Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 box couscous mix, plain (no favoring)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2c-1c diced or shredded leftover cooked chicken
- 1/3# feta, cubed
- Dash of ground (cayenne) red pepper
- Make couscous according to box directions. Add the dash of red pepper to cooking water. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Add vegetables, chicken and feta. Lightly toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.