This is a simple, entree salad that is great for hot summer nights. Because this dish is served cold, it is great to take on a picnic or packed for lunch the next day.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 box couscous mix, plain (no favoring)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 -1 cup leftover cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1/3 lb feta, cubed
- Dash of ground (cayenne) red pepper
- Make couscous according to box directions. Add the dash of red pepper to cooking water. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Add vegetables, chicken and feta. Lightly toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this tonight and it was delish! I added a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper for a little more flavor. The family informed me “You can make that one again!”
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
Yay! Love adding new family favorites to “the list.” Glad everyone loved it!
Dana @ Budget Dietitian says
Awesome Tiffany! Great add-ins! 🙂