Cranberry Orange Chicken
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35-40 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak the cranberries in the orange juice and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat till hot.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and seasonings. Dredge the chicken in the mixture. Or cheat like I do and spindle everything on individually.
- Add chicken thighs to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven proof dish and deglaze the pan with the cranberry/orange juice mixture, stirring to pick up all the browned bits left from cooking the chicken. Pour this over the chicken.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the liquid drizzled over the chicken and side dishes.
Magda’s Frugal Tip: Make frugality fun. Make it a game. Instead of grumbling about having to cut back or having to save, see it as a challenge. For example, challenge a friend to a dinner party cook off. Schedule a dinner party at each other’s home and set an equal budget . Then each of you goes to town, planning and preparing the most elaborate dinner party that you can come up with while strictly sticking to your budget. It may be a good idea to include some ground rules as to how to keep that budget perhaps decide on costs for things that are already in your pantry/freezer. Will decorations/flowers/ etc. be included in the budget or will you have to make do with what you already have or can get for free (flowers from the garden)? Will you have entertainment? Will you have a theme? Make the game as simple or complex as you like. It is intended for you to have fun while being imaginatively frugal.