This recipe is a real hit at our house. Everyone loves it. It is really easy to do and elegant enough for company. I would absolutely serve during a dinner party like to one referred to in my frugal tip below.
Cranberry Orange Chicken
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak the cranberries in the orange juice and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat till hot.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and seasonings. Dredge the chicken in the mixture. Or cheat like I do and spindle everything on individually.
- Add chicken thighs to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven proof dish and deglaze the pan with the cranberry/orange juice mixture, stirring to pick up all the browned bits left from cooking the chicken. Pour this over the chicken.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the liquid drizzled over the chicken and side dishes.