Tonight’s simple, filling and frugal meal ideas come from Tara! Love that you can the simple instructions for the Lentil Casserole..and seems like a no fuss dinner, as long as you remember to get it into the oven in time! And can’t beat the variations of the black bean burritos…soft shell, hard shell or over chips!!!
Thanks so much for these easy and simple recipes!!!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 120 minutes
- ¾ cup lentils
- ½ cup rice
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 3 cup chicken broth (can use water)
- 15 oz. can black beans (or 2 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic Mrs. Dash
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion, sliced and sauteed
- 1-2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortillas, taco shells or tortilla chips
- Mix lentils, rice, basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and chicken broth in casserole dish. Cover and bake on 300 F for 1hr. 45 minutes to 2 hrs. (I stir after 30 minutes to mix in the seasoning.)
- Serve over salad and top w/ sour cream. Goes well with tortilla chips. Or serve as a dip w/ tortilla chips and a with salad.
- In saucepan, heat 1 can black beans, 1 tsp. cumin, and 1 tsp. Garlic Mrs. Dash.
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mix equal parts black beans and rice. (You can also mix in cooked ground beef.)
- Top with sauteed onions, grated cheese, sour cream.
- This is a burrito recipe, but some of my family eats it over salad or with tortilla chips or stuffed inside taco shells.