Tonight’s guest recipe comes from Susie at Susie’s Homemade. She is a thriving stay-at-home mom of two wonderful girls (5 and 19) and a caretaker of my 67 year old live-in mother. On her blog, Susie’s Homemade, she shares her adventures in baking, cooking, gardening, homemaking and entertaining.
1 lbs Chicken Breast
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, minced or crushed
2 cups of Water
1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of Instant Rice
1 cup Frozen Peas
1. Pound chicken flat and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil, butter, and garlic to a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until you get a golden brown color in the garlic. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is also golden brown (about 5 minutes per side). Cook until no longer pink in the middle. Set cooked chicken on a plate.
3. Deglaze the pan with the water. Whisk in the soups and heat to a boil.
4. Stir in rice and peas and top with chicken.
5. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
7. Serve Garlic Chicken over Creamy Risotto and Peas.
Get the soups on sale and this meal is sure to be under $5!
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Want healthy and inexpensive meal ideas, the hottest coupons and other money saving tips delivered to your inbox??? Sign up for the FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter!