Tonight’s guest recipe comes from Susie at Susie’s Homemade.Â She is a thriving stay-at-home mom of two wonderful girls (5 and 19) and a caretaker of my 67 year old live-in mother. On her blog, Susie’s Homemade, she shares herÂ adventures in baking, cooking, gardening, homemaking and entertaining.
Garlic Chicken Risotto
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 cups of Water
- 1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups of Instant Rice
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Pound chicken flat and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil, butter, and garlic to a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until you get a golden brown color in the garlic. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is also golden brown (about 5 minutes per side). Cook until no longer pink in the middle. Set cooked chicken on a plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the water. Whisk in the soups and heat to a boil.
- Stir in rice and peas and top with chicken.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve Garlic Chicken over Creamy Risotto and Peas.