1 cup flour *
3 T canola oil **
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup mashed or grated fruit or veggie ***See ideas below!
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and mashed fruit or veggie. Whisk. Mix well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until it forms into batter. I use my hand mixer beaters. Add nuts if you like.
4. Pour into muffin cups like this.
5. Mini muffins: Bake 8-10 minutes. Regular muffins: Bake 15-2o minutes. Tops will turn golden. 6. Cool on cooling rack and then serve to hungry little people!
* Flour: I use 1 cup of GF Baking Mix. I recommend using 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup white flour for the 1 cup flour requirement.
** Oil: If I double the recipe, then I will use 3 Tbsp applesauce and 3 Tbsp canola oil instead of 6 Tbsp canola oil.
***Fruits and Veggies: 1 cup mashed banana, 1 cup grated apple, 1 cup squash and 1 cup grated apple (double the recipe), 1 cup grated carrots (add 1/2 cup raisins if you like), 1 cup peeled and grated zucchini, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup bananas and 1 cup strawberries (double the recipe)…or 1 cup of any other veggie you like…just mash or grate them up!
UPDATE: These freeze beautifully! Thaw in just 10 seconds in the microwave, or in a few minutes on the counter.